We Have 5 Things You Can Do In Texarkana This Weekend
Can you believe it is the middle of November? There is some cooler weather on the way, and here are 5 great things you can do in Texarkana this weekend.
1. You can support the United Way of Greater Texarkana with their annual "Uncork Your Support" fundraiser. I know it is on Monday but I thought you might want to know enough in advance to make plans to attend this great event. The Moss Brothers are performing and here is a video you can check out.
2. LIve Music In Texarkana. If you are a rock fan there is a great show that features 5 local rock bands. This is all part of the 14 different bands you can see this weekend in Texarkana.
3. If you want to stay in this weekend you can bake the most popular cookies in our area. From the 'Cowboy' cookie that is famous in Texas to the 'Maple Pecan" which is the most popular in Louisiana, you can have a little fun and indulge in some awesome cookies.
4. Take a bike tour of downtown Texarkana. You can see downtown Texarkana in a new way with a historic bike tour of the historic downtown Texarkana areas.
5. Support a great cause and participate in the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention's "Walk Out Of Darkness" event in Texarkana, Arkansas on Sunday.
Bonus. The Annual "Turkey Trot' is happening in Texarkana on Saturday at the Texas A&M campus.